Reply To: Trump or Biden. Who’s better for the oz economy and property market?

Home Forums Property Market Research Q&A Trump or Biden. Who’s better for the oz economy and property market? Reply To: Trump or Biden. Who’s better for the oz economy and property market?

Participant

I don’t think which candidate is better for the economy is the right question to be asking. It is evident that both sides are prepared to do all it takes to win and that’s what scares me.

The truth is that the americans have been at a cold civil war with each other since the last election and we are now seeing signs that it may soon turn ‘hot’. I am not sure what the trigger point will be. It is possible that it will be another BLM type of situation, a civil unrest to do with the election results, covid deaths… The list of plausible possibilities is long.

Either way given the political and societal divisions, it looks like November will be a challenging month for the whole world. Because if the cold war turns hot, we will quickly find ourselves in a house of cards that is crumbling before our eyes. And with the world economy tied at the hip with the US, Australian property market will be the least of our worries.