Most suburbs show sales for 2021 Q1 as 1 [Not a defect]

Home Forums Support Report a Bug Most suburbs show sales for 2021 Q1 as 1 [Not a defect]

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

In the rankings table most suburbs are showing the wrong number of sales for 2021 Q1

TerryTerry
      Keymaster

Hi Diego,

Apologies for the delayed response. We are in Q2 2021 now (as of 1st of April 2021) so I assume you meant Q2 and not Q1 in your question?

The numbers shown in the sales column is the cumulative amount of sales recorded this calendar quarter. The numbers reset every quarter to 1.

Hope this addresses your query? Please feel free to ask further questions if no.

Participant

No. That is not what I meant.

The system was showing Q1 in the labels exactly as I stated, even though the current date was already Q2. It would still show 1 sale under Q1 column, which was not true. A few days later finally Q2 data started showing.

This creates concerns about how trustable is the data we are seeing in the website.

One suggestion: Don’t try to assume that users are saying stupid things. Maybe contact the user to try to understand instead if you don’t understand the issue.

TerryTerry
        Keymaster

Hi Diego,

Sorry that I did not understand your question correctly. I’ll give it another try.

When we transition from one quarter to another, the main dashboard (front page) will normally tick over to the new period 2 weeks into the quarter. By this time at least 10% or so of the council areas / suburbs on the country-wide list record new sales which is reflected in the sales column.

Council Area pages behave differently as they only contain a subset of all country-wide suburbs and tick over to new quarter with a lag of around 1 month.

As of Q3 2021 we will stop releasing the data as early as 2 weeks into the quarter and transition to a fixed monthly release schedule. So the scenario highlighted above should no longer occur.

I appreciate you taking your time to report this issue. Call outs like this help us identify areas for improvement.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.