Reliable Price guide

Home Forums Useful Property Investment Data Reliable Price guide

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar OldHatatInvesting 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author
    james

I subscribe to several online magazine editions but most of the property sold data does not display prices which is not a lot of use to me.

Can anyone suggest a reliable internet source that includes pricing on sold property.

Thanks James

• #19171 Reply
    Lisa Smith

Ha, I know what you mean I spend a lot of my time getting frustrated searching online resources and they have NO PRICE.

I fail to understand the point in displaying this sort of information with out pricing.

Lisa

• #19186 Reply
    james

I am afraid this is a sign of the times Lisa, nothing is for free, I see a lot of websites now a days showing the teaser ie This fantastic property sold at auction for [sign up to see price]
    Drives me mad, but I guess things cost money and I presume running a website like this is not cheap.
    James

• #19411 Reply
    Benfolds

If the property was listed on realestate.com.au at the time of sale, you should be able to see the sold price by clicking on the “sold” tab. The price is however not always shown (most likely because some owners / agents prefer to suppress it from the public domain).

• #20792 Reply
    Investing4Future

Why do you think that real estate agents and such are trying to suppress this data from the public eye? Is it because of the fact that they want to be able to get paid in order to provide those numbers, or is it because they worry as to what savvy investors like us could do with the information? I would love to see if there are any other resources that can act as a reliable price guide. This is an interesting conversation – thanks!

• #20978 Reply
    OldHatatInvesting

Investing4Future, I think that a lot of the issues is about agents trying to maintain relevant. You can get so much info on the web lately, and it can be hard to tell what’s accurate from what isn’t even close to being accurate. There are more free resources than there used to be, and affordable options like HtAG can go a long way, too.

Reply To: Reliable Price guide
Your information: