This is now done!
This thread will be closed.
CaptainFish has reached out to me and I have answered all his questions on the phone.
Perthaholic, BNBA Please be respectful to each other and refrain from profane language. Failure to comply with our forum rules will result in a permanent ban.
Issues such as national debt only influence local prices when debt gets out of hand – look at Zimbabwe and Venezuela for example. There are so many other factors involved.
UK house prices are surprisingly buoyant despite all of the current uncertainty over Brexit. Countries can have very high debt and not be hit by financial crises if the world’s investors think that the place is a good bet. Another factor that influences asset prices on an international level is currency exchange levels.
By selling your property in Australia and buying a place in the UK, you are making a currency trade. It sounds like you are going to be coming back in a few years and so you will be working through the currency market in the other direction as well.
In your case, the currency market will be a bigger factor on your profit or loss than the influence of the UK’s debt on property prices. Things are getting even more complicated at the moment because much of the world seems to be moving into recession. The debt of each nation is a big factor when an economy is shrinking,
Both the UK and Australia are expected to avoid recession over the next few years and will both grow at roughly the same pace. The UK coming out of the EU will likely grow its economy faster and the positive noises in the UK over trade deals with Australia means that we will probably do very well out of the move. The two economies seem to be moving in synchronisation.
So, national debt won’t lose you money on your property investments. The British pound is very depressed right now because of uncertainty. Once the UK leaves the EU, the pound will shoot up. So, by moving your money to the UK now and then moving it back in a few years, you will make a profit regardless of whether you put the money into property or just park it in a bank.
I am happy to get on a call and guide you through the site to find an investment location that fits your situation. As everyone’s circumstances are different, it is best to come up with a strategy and only then look for a suitable area or suburb.
A few questions that you need to ask yourself :
You can get in touch via our contact page: https://www.htag.com.au/contact/
P.s. By the way most of our customers have a strategy in place and do know what they are looking for in terms of median price, capital growth and yield. So the site can help answer your question (re where to buy) once we understand your situation in a little more detail.
We will be launching a store soon where the reports will be downloadable in Excel, PDF and JSON formats. Currently reports are as you see them from the free (public) plan when you sign up, but with the forecast data unmasked.
Just wanted to call out that HtAG provides Median Price data for free. However, Median Price forecasts are available only to paying members.
Median Price and Guiding Price is technically the same thing. Investors normally look for advertised price that is at or below the Median Price reported for the suburb.
This question was answered (in part) here: https://www.htag.com.au/forums/topic/commercial-data/
Here are some more useful links:
What you are really after is the Days on market (DOM) data. It is available for purchase from CoreLogic and a number of other property data portals. We have plans to introduce DOM data in our reports, however the focus for now is on a number of other features.
We are currently working on enabling bedroom level data in our APIs.
Thanks! We maintain the current list of features we are working on here: https://www.htag.com.au/forums/forum/support/request-a-feature/
Bedroom level median price is now reflected on the Forecasts tab. We are working on adding this data to the ranking tables.
Thanks for the suggestion, Rachel. We are currently working on new page layout for the site and will definitely take your comment into consideration.
This is now completed.
Thanks, Joey. This is already in our pipeline. Targeting September-October this year.